Below you will find how dandelion acts as a detox cure for your liver.
FOCUS ON : DANDELION AND ITS DETOX ACTION
Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) is our liver's best friend.It is nicknamed lion's tooth because of the shape of its leaves.This herbaceous perennial plant from our countryside is well known and includes:
- A reddish-brown, finger-sized, swivelling root with white, succulent flesh and a delicate bitterness.
- Large, toothed leaves all clustered at the base of the plant in a rosette.These are eaten in salads.
- flowers which appear in early spring, terminating in beautiful bright yellow flower heads.
- fruits, a sphere of silken achenes which are blown off by the wind when they have reached maturity.
- Asuc, a white latex which flows out after the stems are cut.
Everything is good in the dandelion and is picked by the family, mainly in the spring, the major season for cleansing after the body has been clogged up by the winter's slowdown.But it is the roots, registered in the French pharmacopoeia since 1884, which concentrate the major active principles useful to health.
COMPOSITION OF DANDELION
Their composition is very rich:
- taraxacin and taraxetin stimulate hepatobiliary functions,
- inulin (Fructo-Oligo-Saccharide with prebiotic function),
- folic acid,
- calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, silica, iron, sulfur ...
Dandelion roots are pulled up in the autumn.They are washed to remove the soil and then peeled, as you would do with potatoes.
They are then cut into thin slices and dried in the kitchen oven.They are used to make decoctions to cleanse the body, which are recommended for people with a sluggish liver and a sluggish gallbladder.
In the past, dandelion roots were roasted and mixed with chicory roots to add to or replace coffee.
Many of today's diet coffee substitutes still include dandelion root in their formula.
In the southern Massif Central, a bitter dandelion aperitif is made by macerating the roots in alcohol.
In total, the dandelion is a general purifier of the organism,
- hepatobiliary stimulant,
RECOMMENDATIONS OF DANDELION IN DETOX
Its recommendations are multiple:
- hepatic insufficiency,
- biliary lithiasis,
- chronic functional constipation,
- congestive state of the body,
- difficult digestion,
- dermatoses (eczema, acne) ...