Discover below the benefits of birch. One of the plants used during detox cures.
Focus on: the birch
In Northern Europe, after the icy bath that follows the sauna, we hit ourselves with birch branches (yards) to regenerate the body, tone it up, revitalize it.
Betula alba is a tree that is widespread in cold regions.It belongs to the Armentae, plants whose flowers are arranged in catkins and reduced to a scale covering stamens and pistil.
These catkins are cylindrical, yellow.The fruit is a winged achene.The trunk of the tree is white, grey, ashy.The bark is smooth and peels off in thin strips.The leaves are triangular, acute.
Birch is particularly beneficial
- Betulin (up to 14%) resin also known as birch camphor.
- Xylitol, also known as birch sugar, a non-cariogenic carbohydrate.
- Betuloside (heteroside substance), pro-vitamin A, vitamin C.
- Phytosterin, pentosans, saponins, tannins, enzymes.
- Minerals: calcium, potassium, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc.
It is a powerful depurative, the initial act of the restoration of health, a DETOX to be carried out at each change of season.Besides the birch is nicknamed the tree of wisdom.
The actions of birch on the body
- Diuretic, stimulating urinary excretion.
- Laxative, accelerates intestinal transit.
- Cholagogue, facilitates liver function.
- Expectorant, to thin bronchial mucus.
Side effects of L-Carnitine
Like everything else, L-Carnitine supplementation has side effects when taken in high doses.It can cause nausea to vomiting, abdominal cramps or diarrhoea, headaches, liver and kidney dysfunction or strong body odour.
Green tea, the natural L-carnitine
Green tea is considered to be one of the best fat burners, and for good reason, it does not affect the muscles.It contains a lot of virtues such as the amino acids lysine.The latter play an important role in the functioning of the immune system; but also, in cohesion with other amino acids, in the synthesis of proteins and the manufacture of muscle cells.
*Ilias I, Manoli I, Blackman MR et al.L-Carnitine and acetyl-L-carnitine in the treatment of complications associated with HIV infection and antiretroviral therapy.Mitochondrion.2004 Jul;4(2-3):163-8.