Below you will find all the benefits of hibiscus in the context of a detox cure. It is one of the most essential plants.
Focus on Hibiscus
Hibiscus (Hibiscus sabdariffa) is a tropical plant of the Malvaceae family to which mallow belongs.Its nickname is thePink tea of Abyssinia.Abyssinia is the ancient name for Ethiopia, one of the cradles of humanity, where a kingdom once flourished that was so powerful that its ruler was known as the Nega, meaning King of Kings.
Hibiscus was also a plant revered in Central America by the Maya, the people of the Yucatan peninsula, and by the Aztecs.They used all parts of the plant :
- The roots, as a universal remedy, a panacea like Asian ginseng.
- The leaves, as a vegetable to accompany corn (their cereal).
- The flowers, as a sovereign drink, infusing them in water.
Hibiscus sabdariffa is a perennial herbaceous plant with a long bristly stem bearing large, three-lobed, velvety leaves.
In the leaf axils are beautiful, solitary, purple flowers with fleshy lobed calyxes.These flowers are harvested for their medicinal use.
After drying, the calyxes of the hibiscus flowers retain their original colour, which they give back to the water after infusion, decoction or maceration.
The water then takes on the characteristic colour that earned the plant its nickname of "pink tea".
Hibiscus flowers are uniquely rich, containing:
- Hibiscic acid, Ascorbic acid,
- Organic acids (Citric acid, Malic acid, Tartaric acid), Flavonoids (Gossypetin, Hibiscetin, Sabdaretin),
- Heterosides (Gossytrin, Hibiscitrin, Hibiscin, Delphinidin),
- Beta Carotene pro Vitamin A, Vitamins B1, B2, B3,
- Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Iron,
- Phytosteroline, Cellulose, Mucilage,
The attributes of Hibiscus
The attributes of Hibiscus are multiple
- Diuretic, promoting the general drainage of the body
- Depurative, stimulating the emunctories
- Cholagogue, allowing the excretion of bile by the liver
- Laxative mild, accelerating intestinal transit
- Hypolipidemic, active on cholesterol and triglycerides
Hibiscus causes a genuine "release" of the body
- Disinfiltration of water that invades the tissues
- Destocking of fats that overload the body
- Disincrustation of waste products which asphyxiate the cells
There follows a triple action DETOX, the stimulating hibiscus:
- Thedrainage of water
- Theexcretion of fats
- Theelimination of toxins
The major indications of Hibiscus
- Obesity, Cellulite, Edema
- Plethoric states of the body
- Congestive & inflammatory states
- Hepatic sluggishness
- Urinary lithiasis, Biliary lithiasis
- Chronic functional constipation
- Hyperlipidemia, Hypercholesterolemia, Hypertriglyceridemia